Game Greg (Grzegorz Dałek)
Based in Sosnowiec, Poland
13 March, 2017
PC - Itch.io
Torn Sails is a fast-paced, intense, couch-multiplayer sea battle game. Battles take place on flat sea arena. You can power up your ship by over 10 weapons and 14 perks. Then use your mighty cannons and devastating perks against AI or your friends. Game supports either 2 players over keyboard or game controllers.
I began working on Torn Sails in June, 2016. It was a side project to my regular full-time studio job. I thought it would be cool to play a game which featured a flat sea. Exactly the type dark age people believed in. I love old arcade games, so I wanted Torn Sails to play just like one of those games. Quick, responsive controls, short play sessions. At start I've partnered up with Chris Deleon, who was helping to keep me on schedule and gave me feedback. I learned a lot about project management while working solo. Since I love pixel art too there was only one 'right' stylistic choice for the art. I used Aesprite for all pixeling. Music was done by my friend Arkadiusz Reikowski, who composed for "Layers of Fear" and countless other games. Entire game was created in Gamemaker: Studio 1.4.
- Intense 1 vs 1 fast paced sea battles in smooth 60 FPS.
- Play against your friends or by yourself.
- Simple rules - max ammo is your health.
- Awesome music by Arkadiusz Reikowski - composer of "Layers of Fear" and "Observer".
- Flat sea - sink your oponent or push him off the edge.
- Over 10 weapons and 14 perks combinations making each duel unique.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Torn Sails. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Torn Sails really impresses with it’s charming premise, excellent pixel art animation and easily accessible but highly competitive nautical warfare. A fabulous pirated combat game we highly recommend setting sail for!"
- Calum Fraser, Free Game Planet
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Game Greg (Grzegorz Dałek)
I'm a passionate indie dev working on small, fun, arcade games.
More information on Game Greg (Grzegorz Dałek), our logo & relevant media are available here.
Torn Sails Credits
Game Greg (Grzegorz Dalek)
Business & Development, Vlambeer